Blood Orange Olive Oil
As the Blood Orange Olive Oil and Tusisian Olives ripen, we press them together to form this beautiful combination of whole, fresh citrus fruits crushed with olives. Our whole fruit blood orange is exceedingly versatile.
- Chocolate desserts
- Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- Wild Blueberry Balsamic
- Espresso Balsamic
- Pomegranate Balsamic
- Cranberry-Pear White Balsamic
Recipes: Honey & Blood Orange Olive Oil Bakalava (seen in picture), Dark chocolate - Blood orange Cake with Blood Orange Ganache
Honey & Blood Orange Olive Oil Bakalava
- 1 lb.phyllo dough
For the filling:
- 6 ounces blanched almonds
- 6 ounces roasted walnuts
- 6 ounces roasted pistachios
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated blood orange zest
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon Fresh Blood Orange Agrumato Olive Oil
For the syrup:
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water 1 cup fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2" strip of blood orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease the the bottoms and sides of a 9x13 inch pan with Blood Orange Olive Oil.
- Pulse the nuts with the sugar, orange zest and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor until finely chopped. Unroll and cut the Filo sheets in half to fit pan. Cover Filo with a dampened cloth to keep from drying out as you work. Place two sheets of dough in pan, brush with blood orange olive oil thoroughly. Repeat the process until there are 8 sheets layered. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of nut mixture on top. Top with two sheets of dough, blood orange olive oil, nuts, layering as you go. The top layer should be about 6 - 8 sheets deep.
- Using a sharp knife cut into diamond or square shapes all the way to the bottom of the pan. You may cut into four long rows the make diagonal cuts. Bake in the center of the oven for approximately 50 minutes until baklava is golden and crisp.
- Make the syrup while baklava is baking. In a heavy sauce pan, bring the water, sugar and blood orange juice to a boil. Add honey, cinnamon stick and orange peel and simmer for about 20 minutes longer.
- Remove baklava from oven and immediately spoon sauce over it and allow to cool.
Dark chocolate - Blood orange Cake with Blood Orange Ganache
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbs. tangerine dark balsamic
- 2 large eggs beaten with enough cold water to equal one cup
- 1/2 cup Blood Orange Agrumato Olive Oil + more for greasing pans
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Lightly grease two 9-inch cake pans, one muffin pan, or one 13x9-inch pan with Blood Orange Agrumato.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Thoroughly mix together the liquid ingredients in a separate large bowl until smooth. Add the dry ingredients in to the wet and mix using a hand or stand mixer on low. Pour the mixture into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes (cupcakes will take about 15 min.) or until a cake skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Make sure to not over-bake the cake. It should spring back when lightly touched, and a cake skewer inserted in the middle of the cake should come out clean.
- Cool for 20-25 minutes before removing the cakes from the pans to cool completely. Apply ganache when cool.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbs. Blood Orange Agrumato Olive Oil
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl. Heat the Cream in a sauce pan over medium heat until just about simmering. Pour the cream over the chocolate and allow to sit for five minutes. Gently whisk the chocolate and cream until smooth, consistent, and free from any lumps.
- Add in the blood orange agrumato olive oil to the chocolate and whisk to thoroughly incorporate. Allow to cool until it reaches a spreadable consistency. Gently spread the slightly cooled ganache over the the completely cooled cake. Serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream and a tangerine segment as garnish, if desired.
Serves 12 small but decadent servings.
Box brownie mix substitute oil for Blood Orange Olive Oil!