- 1 medium head of cabbage shredded
- 1 recipe for Chipotle-Lime Aioli (see below)
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded, de-ribbed and finely minced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded, de-ribbed and finely minced 1/3 cup finely shredded red onion 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve over a fried chicken sandwich or as a side dish.
- 1 cup InfuseMe Chipotle Oil
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature**
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
In the bowl of a food processor or blender jar, add the egg yolks, salt, garlic and lime juice. Process until well combined. VERY SLOWLY, drop by drop, begin to drizzle in the Chipotle Olive Oil while the machine is running. Extreme patience must be taken with this slow process, as too much olive oil poured in at once will cause the sauce to break.
Once the olive oil is completely poured in and emulsified, remove the aioli to a sealed container and refrigerate. This condiment is fabulous on coleslaw, sandwiches, egg salad sandwiches, basically anything.