Spice Chocolate Chili
Chocolate Chili is a flavor chameleon. When used as a rub, blended with ground meats, or added to a stew or chili it has a smooth fiery heat. When used in a mole, with ground seeds and/or nuts, the heat is mellowed considerably, but the richness of the chocolate and fruitiness of the chilies continue to shine. Chocolate chili can also be used in sweets such as brownies for special warming effect.
Chocolate Chili Brownies
You can use any basic brownie recipe and then add 2 tbs. of Chocolate Chili. That’s all there is to it, and these are sure to delight your senses and warm you from the inside out.
1 3/4 Sticks Unsalted butter
1/2 C plus 2 Tbsp Bittersweet Chocolate chips
1 1/4 C Granulated sugar
4 Lg Eggs
1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
1/2 C + 2 Tbsp Unbleached flour
2 Tbsp Chocolate Chili
- Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan with butter. Dust with flour and tap out the excess. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool.
- Cream sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add cooled chocolate mixture and mix until well blended.
- Measure the flour, salt and Chocolate Chili, then sift together directly into the chocolate mixture. Mix batter gently until well combined and no trace of the dry ingredients remains.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan and bake 33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool on rack for one hour before serving.
We Also Recommend