Chocolate Lava Cake
Dark chocolate cake with a molten fudge center-heaven! This rich, moist chocolate cake comes with its own hot fudge sauce. Just cut it open, and enjoy the molten treasure inside. Made with King Arthur Flour, sweet chocolate, dark baker's chocolate, dark cocoa, and pure premium vanilla. Makes 6 individual 3½" cakes.
What you get
- Hot fudge flows from the center of this cake.
- Made with King Arthur Flour, sweet chocolate, dark baker's chocolate, dark cocoa, and pure premium vanilla.
- Ready in under 20 minutes! Just add water, butter, and eggs, bake, and enjoy!
- Bake in standard custard cups or silicone molds.
- Cakes may be refrigerated or frozen in silicone molds until ready to bake.
Care & storage
Store cool & dry 12 months.
Test kitchen tips
It took us a long time to develop this mix; we tested and tested and TESTED till we were able to get the "lava" inside to flow just right. The result? A real "WOW!" dessert, and our top-selling mix. Note that you'll need custard cups or silicone molds to make these cakes. Also, an instant-read thermometer is a big help in assessing exactly when to pull them out of the oven for the optimal "flow."
Kudos from The Dallas Morning News, February 2008: "Who knew that lava cakes could be so easy? At a recent dinner party, I whipped up single-serving desserts from a canister of King Arthur Flour Chocolate Lava Cake Mix. The only ingredients to add were hot water, butter and eggs, and six mini cakes baked in less than 20 minutes. The results were decadent, and the guests never suspected that dessert was made from a mix."
So easy to make and delicious which makes this the perfect dessert. Grab you Chocolate lava cake now!