Spice West African Curry
Our West African Curry blend is rich with mild heat. It includes many ingredients that you would expect in a curry with the additon of a few spices more typical of African cuisine such as Cubeb and Grains of Paradise. The blend is based on curries used in Senegal for preparing traditional fish dishes. As with all of our curry blends it is great as a curry with any protein or vegetable, used as a spice rub or as a general seasoning to provide a balanced new flavor to your kitchen.
Certified USDA Organic, Certified Kosher, Guten Free, Non-GMO, 80 gm (2.8 oz) of Spice in a Reusable Tin
2 out of 5 Heat
Ingredients: Mustard Seed, Black Pepper, Coriander, Birds Eye Chili, Turmeric, Paprika, Cocoa Nibs Nutmeg, Cumin, Allspice, Caraway, Cubeb, Grains of Paradise, Ginger, Chipotle Chili, Sweet Cinnamon, Thyme, Cayenne Chili, Clove, Himalayan Pink Salt
African Peanut Curry
2 Large Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp West African Curry
2 Tbsp Olive oil
½ C Peanut butter
15 oz Diced tomatoes
1 C Water
1 Tbsp Vinegar
1 Tbsp Scallions, chopped
Salt to taste
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes.
- In a bowl, toss the chunked chicken and West African Curry blend until chicken is evenly coated.
- Sauté the chicken breast in olive oil for 4 minutes.
- Incorporate peanut butter, tomatoes, water and vinegar.
- Gently simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Garnish with chopped scallions.